SDWatch is mandated by the Department of Italian and Supranational Law of the University of Milan to publish, free of charge, original content authored by Students and volunteer staff of the LL.M in Sustainable Development. Criteria as well as final decision on publication are left to the sole discretion of the Board.
Please Note: ONLY LL.M students (former and current) & staff are welcome to submit papers for consideration.
Licensing / Disclaimer / Rights of the Author
- Unless otherwise notified, all publications and other special issues published on The Sustainable Development Watch (SDW) are distributed under Creative Commons License (BY-NC-SA).
- Under such license, the Author remain the sole responsible of the work submitted. You – the author – are therefore responsible for ensuring compliance with legal requirements (copyright/licensing, plagiarism), you certify that you are the rightful author of your work, and/or commit to attribute work that isn’t yours according to law. The compilation as a whole is shared under the same license, which means that no notification is required prior to re-use of your work.
- Items published by the SDW may be freely shared among individuals as long as attribution is made according to Creative Commons’ best practices, but they may NOT be republished in any medium for commercial purposes. For further information and special permissions, please contact the Board, through the contact section of this website. For more information about our Licensing, please refer to Our Licensing Policy.
Updated: 10/04/2020 –
General rules ( applicable to publications, blog articles and SDWatch InDepth):
- They shall address any aspect of Sustainable Development.
- They are subject to a standard review process before publication: Authors are generally expected to amend their original submission, taking reviews into consideration.
- Please note: you remain the sole author of your publication and therefore, bear all responsibilities for its content.
- Submission should comply to the Harvard style of Referencing.
- Please do not include any footnotes. If you are submitting an already-written piece containing footnotes, decide whether to move the footnote text into the main body of the piece or delete it.
- Any font is fine. Please submit your post single-spaced with a single line return between paragraphs and no indentation.
- Use headings at your discretion (e.g., every four paragraphs) to break up long posts. Do not use more than one level of headings.
- Please submit your publication in PDF format and DOC format, with the document name formatted as follows: “Name-CohortYear-Title”.
- Submissions should have their own picture ( with their copyright mention).
- Please provide a short biography and a picture.
- Do not forget to indicate your social media details. Your information will be published as a personal profile in the section “the Authors”, should you wish to edit, or no longer appear on, this section, please inform us of your request.
- Although you remain solely responsible of the quality and content of your publication, The SDWatch Board may conduct plagiarism check on any submission. Breach of plagiarism rules leads to immediate desk-rejection.
- Only papers, essays and thesis that have been graded 29 or above can be submitted.
- For Papers and Essays, the collaborative review process will be conducted in coordination with the Board. It is necessary for the due conduct of the review, that the author possesses a Google account, so as to access Gmail/Google Drive services, free of charge.
- Authors shall provide an abstract of 150-300 words (min. 1000 characters), including a brief description of the Paper’s contribution to a particular area of Sustainable Development and of the general objectives of the paper.
- For Theses, which are not subject to review, the original PDF format will be published as submitted, as long as it is a copy of the original submission for the award of the LL.M final dissertation. **Please make sure you fill in the consent form you will find below and upload it in .pdf format.
Keep on writing
- After your first submission, you can keep on writing any time you prefer and submit your work directly.
- Use the credentials we sent to your register email and upload your work. Please take a look at the video to find out how.
- Our editors will review your work before it is published.
Bear in mind you remain the sole author of your publication.